In the United States, over a third of all the food we grow is lost to spoilage and wasted before we can eat it. In the developing world, more than half of all produce is lost to spoilage before it can be consumed. Apeel Sciences creates agricultural solutions inspired by and derived from nature for growers to protect their crops and increase the shelf life of harvested fresh produce. We are committed to being a technological and environmental trailblazer at the interface between the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering industries to eliminate food waste and reduce reliance on pesticides. Our mission is to enable widespread, positive impacts through the development of high-performance pre- and post-harvest products and processes that conserve our precious natural resources and safeguard the Earth’s delicate ecological balance.
Apeel is comprised of highly talented, deeply passionate, and strongly tight-knit team members who are excited by the opportunity to challenge the status quo, are obsessed with solving problems, and truly seek to positively change how we feed the world.
Our people are core and absolutely fundamental to our company’s success and continued growth. Look around and what do you see? Team members who are working tirelessly and selflessly—not to serve themselves—but to help the team as a whole strategically, aggressively, and collectively realize a shared mission and vision. If you are ready for an opportunity to jump in, tackle challenges (and opportunities!) head-on, take ownership, and drive meaningful outcomes in a highly collaborative, communicative, and dynamic environment, we would love to connect with you!
Apeel is seeking a passionate and experienced People Operations Specialist to play a key role in revamping our day-to-day People Operations and in creating and implementing long-lasting company policies and practices that will significantly positively impact employee experience. The People Operations Specialist will report to the Manager of People Operations, collaborate closely with the existing People & Culture team members, and work in a highly integrated fashion across all technical and non-technical teams at Apeel.
What You’ll Do:
- Help construct and implement company policies in line with Apeel’s Mission and Core Values
- Provide internal customer support to employees by answering requests and questions
- Complete Forms i-9, verify I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 files. Utilize E-Verify.
- Participate in benefits administration, including new hire enrollment, open enrollment, benefit inquiries and reporting requirements.
- Help maintain and update Employee Handbook and required postings
- Assist with the coordination of Apeels Multi-Day New Hire Orientation
- Help coordinate employee trainings and professional development
- Attend Human Resources classes, seminars and conferences to help keep company compliant with changing labor laws.
- Assist with international employee compliance and vendor management
- Serve as a Culture Ambassador for Apeel, advocating for employees and implementing best practices.
- Spearhead special People & Culture projects as needed.
What You Bring:
- 3–5 years of experience in Human Resources developing and actualizing HR policies, processes, and programs
- Deep understanding of state and federal employment laws
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Extremely detailed-oriented and process-oriented
- People-centric mindset with the desire to build meaningful relationships in the workplace
- Skilled at owning project from start to finish
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly curious and consistently re-evaluating conventional practices with the drive to introduce new perspectives to improve and tailor current HR policies and processes
- Truly embodies the phrase, “no job too big or too small”
- Conversational Spanish speaking skills desired, but not required
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.