In the United States, over a third of all the food we grow is lost to spoilage and wasted before we can eat it. In the developing world, more than half of all produce is lost to spoilage before it can be consumed. Apeel Sciences creates agricultural solutions inspired by and derived from nature for growers to protect their crops and increase the shelf life of harvested fresh produce. We are committed to being a technological and environmental trailblazer at the interface between the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering industries to eliminate food waste and reduce reliance on pesticides. Our mission is to enable widespread, positive impacts through the development of high-performance pre- and post-harvest products and processes that conserve our precious natural resources and safeguard the Earth’s delicate ecological balance.
Apeel is comprised of highly talented, deeply passionate, and strongly tight-knit team members who are excited by the opportunity to challenge the status quo, are obsessed with solving problems, and truly seek to positively change how we feed the world.
Our people are core and absolutely fundamental to our company’s success and continued growth. Look around and what do you see? Team members who are working tirelessly and selflessly—not to serve themselves—but to help the team as a whole strategically, aggressively, and collectively realize a shared mission and vision. If you are ready for an opportunity to jump in, tackle challenges (and opportunities!) head-on, take ownership, and drive meaningful outcomes in a highly collaborative, communicative, and dynamic environment, we would love to connect with you!
About this Division
The People and Culture Team is responsible for cultivating and reinforcing the heart and soul of the company. This entails crafting, communicating, and managing the evolution of the company’s core values and the makeup of our workforce to ultimately build a responsive, resilient, loyal, and fully-integrated “super team” to which all our staff belong. This also critically includes enabling programs and pathways for all individual team members to grow personally and professionally in a challenging and rewarding environment while contributing towards the successful and aggressive growth of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Apeel’s recruitment process and candidate workflow, including circulating requisitions, leading kickoff meetings, scheduling, interviewing, closing, and managing the candidate experience from end to end
- Work cross-functionally with all departments in the organization as a mentor, coach, and resource for creative ways to approach new challenges
- Attend job and career fairs and on-campus recruiting events and act as a public representative of Apeel
- Engage passive talent and position Apeel as a preferred employer
- In collaboration with Marketing, help build and monitor the Talent team’s social media channels (twitter, glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Help define the structure and vision of Apeel’s Talent function
- Work as part of the People and Culture team on special projects and initiatives that will strengthen our hiring practices
What You Bring
- 3+ years of full-time work experience in recruitment, talent acquisition, or talent management in a high-growth or high-volume industry
- A strong sense of diplomacy; you able to find creative solutions to help move people and teams forward
- Long-term interest in--and a passion for--the art and science of recruiting
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get any job done; you are motivated by the inherent satisfaction of doing a great job
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently
- Creativity, curiosity, and the drive to exceed expectations
- Flexibility, courage, and confidence
- Ability to work with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Familiarity with behavior-based interviewing skills and interview debrief sessions
- A love of detail rivaled only by your ability to play calendar Tetris™
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.