In the United States, over a third of all the food we grow is lost to spoilage and wasted before we can eat it. In the developing world, more than half of all produce is lost to spoilage before it can be consumed. Apeel Sciences creates agricultural solutions inspired by and derived from nature for growers to protect their crops and increase the shelf life of harvested fresh produce. We are committed to being a technological and environmental trailblazer at the interface between the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering industries to eliminate food waste and reduce reliance on pesticides. Our mission is to enable widespread, positive impacts through the development of high-performance pre- and post-harvest products and processes that conserve our precious natural resources and safeguard the Earth’s delicate ecological balance.
Apeel is comprised of highly talented, deeply passionate, and strongly tight-knit team members who are excited by the opportunity to challenge the status quo, are obsessed with solving problems, and are truly committed to positively changing how we feed the world.
Our people are our core and are absolutely fundamental to our company’s success and continued growth. Look around and what do you see? Team members who are working tirelessly and selflessly—not to serve themselves—but to help the team as a whole strategically, aggressively, and collectively realize a shared mission and vision. If you are ready for an opportunity to jump in, tackle challenges (and opportunities!) head-on, take ownership, and drive meaningful outcomes in a highly collaborative, communicative, and dynamic environment, we would love to connect with you!
About This Division
The People & Culture Team is responsible for cultivating and reinforcing the heart and soul of the company. This entails crafting, communicating, and managing the evolution of the company’s core values and the make-up of our workforce to ultimately build a responsive, resilient, loyal, and fully-integrated “super team” to which all our staff belong. This also critically includes enabling programs and pathways for all individual team members to grow personally and professionally in a challenging and rewarding environment while contributing towards the successful and aggressive growth of the company.
We are seeking a highly experienced, confident, detail-oriented, process-oriented, empathetic, and forward-thinking candidate to lead the human resources operations function of our company. You will develop a deep understanding of our unique business and culture and will be a shining example of what it means to be a leader at Apeel. You must be comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to make quick, well-informed decisions. You must value inclusion, diversity of opinions and people, and every member of the team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage Apeel’s global human resources operations and build the team, processes, and platforms to support the rapid scale and globalization of the company
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with local, state, federal, and international human resources policies, programs, laws, and issues
- Provide consultation to management on organizational design, the development of strategic staffing plans, and progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for outstanding individual and team performance
- Consult with senior leadership on continuous refinement of company-wide performance management and talent assessment programs
- Work cross-functionally to develop and nurture a culture in tune with Apeel’s unique values
- Communicate changes in the company’s personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed
- Remain informed of leading and emerging industry trends in People & Culture
- Develop individual talent and coach others on your team to produce results
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
What You Bring
- 7+ years of diversified experience in various human resources roles, preferably in a highly technical, high-growth industry or environment (e.g., technology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, semiconductor, electronics, aerospace, CPG, etc.)
- 4+ years of progressive leadership and managerial experience
- Previous experience successfully leading and growing teams
- Successful experience working in institutions that employ a diverse population
- Experience with recruiting, maintaining, and developing a global workforce
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds associated with a global workforce
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and moderating skills
- Ability to support staff and manage conflicts in a manner that protects and respects both the employee(s) and the company
- Ability to creatively, progressively, and ethically address human resources “grey areas”
- Strong business and finance acumen
- Bachelors degree preferred (or equivalent experience) with a specialization in Human Resources, Personnel, Business Management, Communications, or a related field preferred
- Human resources certifications preferred (e.g. SHRM SCP, SPHR, etc.)
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.