*Please note: This position is based FT in Santa Barbara, CA
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.The People & Culture Team is responsible for cultivating and reinforcing the heart and soul of the company. This entails crafting, communicating, and managing the evolution of the company’s core values and the makeup of our workforce to ultimately build a responsive, resilient, loyal, and fully-integrated “super team” to which all our staff belong. This also critically includes enabling programs and pathways for all individual team members to grow personally and professionally in a challenging and rewarding environment while contributing towards the successful and aggressive growth of the company. We are seeking a driven and confident Talent Acquisition Business Partner with extensive recruiting experience to help us attract top talent, build scalable global hiring practices, and advance Apeel’s growth multinationally.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Apeel’s recruitment process and candidate workflow, including leading kickoff meetings, reviewing resumes, interviewing, closing, and managing the candidate experience from end to end
- Work cross-functionally with all departments in the organization as a mentor, coach, and resource for creative ways to approach new hiring challenges
- Conduct weekly check-ins with hiring managers and act as a strategic partner to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans, encouraging changes to the process as needed
- Continuously contribute to overall process improvements that will enhance the Talent function’s operational excellence
- Build external networks and candidate funnels through industry contacts, professional memberships, Meetups, and more to engage passive talent and position Apeel as a preferred employer
- Work cross-functionally with People Operations and Learning & Development to provide depth and visibility into Apeel’s hiring process through the use of reporting, metrics, and analysis
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of full life cycle recruitment experience in a high-growth or high-volume industry, with prior experience hiring for mid- and senior-level roles required, prior experience hiring internationally preferred
- Robust experience with behavior-based interviewing, core competency mapping, and guiding interview debriefs
- Proven skills in negotiation and diplomacy; you are able to find creative solutions to proactively drive people and teams forward
- Prior experience negotiating complex compensation, equity, and relocation packages
- Prior experience working with compensation banding; comfort with compensation mapping tools (Payscale, Workday, Oracle, etc.) preferred
- Deep knowledge of applicant tracking systems and reporting, as well as proactive sourcing tools (LinkedIn Recruiter, indeed, Glassdoor, etc.)
- Confidence in your own experience and ideas--you maintain awareness of your “true north” and seek the best solutions and outcomes for your stakeholders
- Passion for the art and science of recruiting
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get any job done; you are motivated by the inherent satisfaction of doing a great job
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders across various levels and functions
- Ability to work with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.